The Cameron Lake Outdoor Education and Environmental Studies Center is owned by School District 60 and is available for use by all district staff, pupils and public by request. The Center is located in a natural Boreal forest setting on the shore of Cameron Lake, 25km South of Hudson’s Hope on Highway 29.
The Center is suitable for a variety of events, such as private family rentals, weddings, banquets, reunions, paid concert events, camping and more. Public users are currently required to privately book the space for use. Please see the PRIVATE USERS page for more information regarding public use.
- The kitchen is a fully equipped industrial style kitchen. All dishes and cookware are provided.
- 4 Bathrooms are concrete outhouse structures
- Each dormitory will house 48 people.
- The Center can accommodate 100 people for overnight stay indoors. 200 maximum with RV and tenting.
- The Center provides access to 18 Hectares of usable space.
- 27 km of trail both inside and outside of property boundaries with beautiful viewpoints.
- 11 km of designated cross country ski trails.
Equipment available for on-site use. Public users may be required to pay a deposit or rental fee for select equipment. Some equipment is limited to school group use only.
- There are 15 Mountain Bikes and more helmets available.
- 5 Tandem canoes, 1 Voyager Canoe and one Dragon boat.
- Archery Equipment
- There are +/- 100 sets of skis and boots ranging from child to adult.
- 1600 square feet of traversable climbing space
- A risk-play or Challenge Course area.
- Science lab equipment for Environmental Studies.
- A large open field.
- May 27, 2020Some notes about what’s going on these days… We are hosting Day Camps for our Hudson’s Hope community this summer! The day camps will allow for 2-3 families depending on the number of members to join us for a day of facilitated fun and learning. Visits will run from 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM, Tuesdays […]
- Feb 28, 2020Spring is on the way and with it’s coming arrival we are left with unsuitable snow conditions for our beloved ski trails. Public skiing is now closed for the season. We had hoped to have this Saturday be our last day, but unfortunately the snow conditions are not suitable any longer. A BIG THANKSto those […]
- Feb 21, 2020Cameron Lake Education Center will be wrapping up this winter’s ski season. We will be open Saturdays, February 22nd and February 29th. Enjoy the fading winter for a little bit longer.Join us this Saturday and next for couple sunny days of winter adventure. Skiing, Snowshoeing, and SUNSHINE! Come adventure or sit by the fire outside […]