The operation and use of the Outdoor Education Center is under the direct supervision of the Outdoor Education Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for teacher in-service, site bookings, safety and all matters pertaining to the operation of the Center.
Teachers and Group Leaders have the most important role to play in defining the experience the students will have at the Center.
Please have a look at the following resources to help prepare for your visit and support the activities you will lead.
To book the site for your school visit:
1. Choose activities and study labs from the PROGRAMS page.
2. Read the User Agreement.
3. View the Calendar for available dates.
4. Complete the Student Booking Form
Please note that the programs are changing as we make some updates. Also, some programs are season specific.
Day Trip Only – $3 per student
Overnight – $5 per student per night
Teachers and chaperones – no charge
Generated electricity 2 hours free daily; $10/per hour there after
Firewood is $5 per day.
- Visitors are expected to leave the site, building and all other facilities and equipment in the same condition (or better) than they are found.Your group’s school will be charged $50 if facilities are left in an unsatisfactory condition.
- There is a $50 Cancellation Fee if cancelling within 2 weeks of upcoming booking.
- The school principal is responsible for reviewing your activity plan in advance of the booking form submission.
- There must be at least one First-Aid Person in your group (Other than Coordinator).
- There must be one vehicle remaining on site during you stay. (Not including Coordinator’s vehicle)
- Student consent and medical information forms must be submitted to the school principal prior to the trip.
- Permission forms must include notice of any/all personal risk activities planned, such as canoeing, challenge course, archery and bouldering wall.
- Water is temporarily not for potable use. Please plan bring drinking water with you. Students are required to bring enough water to last a full day.